Friday, January 23, 2015

First Grade Family Heritage Project




By:
Carmen and Hanna


The first graders recently created a poster about their family. The poster included how they help their family, how their family helps them, their family history, and what they celebrate over the holidays.


We interviewed first graders about their posters and how long it took them.


"It took a long time." Zoe, age 6.   "About four days." Maddox, age 7.

We also asked how they made it.
"I wrote words about my family." Elsa, age 7    "I, I like glued it together." Grayson, age 6


They all really liked talking about their pets.


"I have two dogs." -Gavin  "Moxie is my dog I love him." -Ella   "I have a fish and a dog, and I brush the dog." -Zoe  "I have two dogs." -Elsa    "I help my family by feeding the kitties food." -Maddox.


When we asked what they liked about it, many of the kids had many good things to say about the project.  They said:


"I like drawing the pictures, I thought it looked good." Gavin, age 7   Zoe said, "I liked writing about my family's history."


Ella said, "When I was drawing my picture about washing the dog, It was funny because my mom was carrying a lot of stuff."


"It was really fun for me" -Gavin.


All in all they did a great job!!!