Thursday, February 5, 2015

Heading Home Event at Westside!



By Kate

Tonight, on Thursday February 5th, Westside School will be hosting a Town Hall and presenting its plans for the new building currently under construction. The Westside's Board of Trustees will share updates and highlights on the progress of the new building and open up the Capital Campaign to the public. Select students will also be performing dances and songs to celebrate the creation process of Westside's new home.
Here are some quotes from students regarding their excitement towards the new campus.:

"It's an extremely nice building. I think it looks very advanced, modern and will be able to enrich the academic achievement of all students while supporting visual and performing arts as well as athletics."
- Kate Leahy, 8th grade

"I am excited for the bathrooms and changing rooms at the new school."
- Carson Comick, 6th grade

"I am most excited about the gym because it is up to standard and for the electric bleachers."
- Nathaniel St. Clair, 6th grade

"The new school will look a lot better and there will be desks that can fit different groups."
- Hanna Meyer, 6th grade

"I look forward to having more room and just having a better looking school."
- Carmen Hummel, 6th grade

"I am looking for to being in a classroom with a wall of windows and the gym having electric bleachers."
- Henry Muench, 7th grade

"I am excited that the new school will look like the Four Seasons. It will be clean and the classrooms will be nice."
- Nate Wuethrich, 7th grade

"I think the newness and solar panels will be cool, and I'm happy we'll have a nice place to dance."
- Sophia Cohen, 6th grade

"I am excited for the gym and am excited I won't slip anymore, or hit the ceilings."
- Ashley Bocek, 6th grade

"It's gonna be bigger and it will have a nice grassy space."
- Juliet Anawalt, 7th grade